PROFESSIONAL IN HUMAN RESOURCES INTERNATIONAL™
The credential demonstrates mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles independent of geographic region.
- Talent Acquisition 19%
- HR Administration & Shared Services 19%
- Talent Management & Development 19%
- Compensation, Benefits & Work Experience 17%
- Employee Relations & Risk Management 16%
- HR Information Management 10%
Frequently Asked Questions…
Is this Certification Right for me?
Earn international HR acclaim with the Professional in Human Resources – International™ (PHRi™) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The PHRi, for internationally based practitioners, validates professional-level competency, knowledge and skills to help to propel your HR career forward. With the PHRi, you demonstrate mastery of generally accepted technical and operational HR principles in a single international setting.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the PHRi you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least one year of experience in a professional-level HR position + a master’s degree or global equivalent,
- Have at least two years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a bachelor’s degree or global equivalent, OR
- Have at least four years of experience in a professional-level HR position + a high school diploma or global equivalent.
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) and paper-based Testing (PBT)
- Exam time: 3 hours and 15 minutes.
- Exam length: 145 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
- Language: English (Spanish Translation Aid available)
How To Get Certified
We have a seamless process to help get the best out of your training experience and pass the exam without a hitch.
The process begins with a 6-day in-class training done only weekends -for the convenience of the working-class- followed with a virtual learning schedule for another 8 weeks to help round out the learning period.
Boot camps may also be organized based on the needs and requirements of the class.
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the PHRi is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Much Does the Exam Cost?
Exam Fee*: $350
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam because the access code to the HRcannot be rescinded/de-activated.
To make certification more accessible worldwide, HRCI offers a global allowance for the PHRi/SPHRi exam which provides the exam at a reduced fee. Applicants who live in low-income, lower middle-income,
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your PHRi certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your PHRi credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam. Learn more about PHRi recertification requirements.