PMI-PBA certification is created and fashioned for business analysts. Business analysts who are working on programs and projects. Also included in this class are project and program managers who carry out business analysts function as part of their daily job routine. PBA Certification is a credential that validates a business analyst’s skill, technical expertise and thorough knowledge in business analysis.
Also, the business analyst certification demonstrates the holder’s knowledge and skills in his ability to competently use BA tools and techniques to enhance various project success.
The job description of the Business Analyst has become critically significant in the Project Management field.
Currently, project management practitioners increasingly resort to business analysis to define their business needs. And to also identify risks and opportunities. This in turn leads to creating sustainable solutions for organizational business problems.
In addition to the above, business analyst certification carries a high level of professional credibility.
The credential demands the following
- Business analysis training
- Experience working on projects
- Examination on business analysis principles, practices, tools, and techniques.
The certification enables business analyst practitioners to efficiently meet the needs of organizations.
Benefits Of Professional Business Analyst Certification
The benefits of PBA Certification are extensive. The credential has the capacity to change your career worth instantly. Below are some benefits of this certification.
Increase Your Earnings
There are plethora reports that clearly show how PMI-PBA holders experience a steep increase in their salary. This is due to their certification status alone. The PMI Annual PM Salary Survey conducted in 2016 showed that the average salary of 143 PMI-PBA-certified participants was approximately 6.1 Million. This is in contrast to the average salary of 4.2 Million that is the median salary of 69 respondents that did not have a PMI-PBA certification.
Consequently, obtaining this credential, may get you approximately 45% salary increment.
Increased Career Opportunities
Business analyst certification guarantees a greater number of opportunities in terms of career advancement. It opens you up to a variety of opportunities. This certification is invaluable to any company that chooses to employ you. Recruiters will always prefer you to others when recruiting.
Gain International Recognition
PBA certification is an unbiased equivocal endorsement of your professional experience and expertise. To make it better, you are recognized on a global level.
With this certification, you’re guaranteed to gain more recognition from Reputable employers.
With PBA certification, you grow at a very fast pace career-wise. The PMI Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) program, ensures that you continue to develop your acquired skills and stay as current as possible.
Business Analyst Certification Course Outline
- Definition of business analysis
- Business analysis as a core competency for project success
- PMI’s increased focus on business analysis
- The project manager and business analyst relationship
- The knowledge and skills business analysts require
- Types of requirements
2. Needs Assessment
- The Importance of Needs Assessment
- Identify Problem or Opportunity
- Analyze the Situation
- Assess Current State
- Recommend Action to Address Business Needs
- Assemble the Business Case
3. Planning Overview
- The Importance of Planning for Business Analysis Planning
- Conduct a Stakeholder Analysis
- Define the Business Analysis Process
- Plan the Business Analysis Work
- Create the Business Analysis Plan & Gain Approval
4. Traceability and Monitoring Overview
- The Importance of Traceability & Monitoring
- Approving Requirements
- Baselining Requirements
- Monitoring Requirements
- Managing Requirements Changes
5. Evaluation Overview
- The Importance of Solution Evaluation
- Plan for Solution Evaluation
- Validate the Solution
- Evaluate Acceptance Criteria
- Facilitate Go/No Go Decision
- Obtain Signoff on the Solution
- Evaluate Long Term Performance
PMI-PBA Certification Exam Questions
PMI-PBA exam comprises of 200 objective questions. All questions in the exam are randomly placed throughout the exam. The test is a computer-based testing. CBT is the standard method of administration for all PMI examinations. The Paper based testing (PBT) is only available under very limited circumstances.
The allowed time to complete this computer-based examination is four hours.
PBA Certification Eligibility
To qualify for this certification examination or test, you need to possess one of the following requirement.
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree
- 7,500 hours of business analysis experience
- 35 contact hours of education in business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent
- 4,500 hours of business analysis experience
- 35 contact hours of education in business analysis
Just like PMI salary survey reveals that project management professionals with the coveted PMP Certification Earn 23% more money, the percentage increase in pay as a result of the PBA certification is far higher. The Professional business analyst certification is one credential you don’t want to miss. For business analyst who want to enjoy a booming career, PBA is the right call.